my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » it's a little too "war" for me...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: it's a little too "war" for me...
deathtothecoolkids

Member # 72

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2001 18:21      Profile for deathtothecoolkids   Author's Homepage   Email deathtothecoolkids   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this board.

--------------------
you didn't leave much space
at the bottom of the page
there's room for four words, maybe three
and you write, "nothing can hurt me."

Posts: 33 | From: yes! i am a long way from home | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted November 05, 2001 18:53      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the theme or the people?
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted November 05, 2001 18:58      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think both.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2001 21:32      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Both? How so?

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2001 21:35      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The name "deathtocoolkids" is a little to angry and violent for my fragile little mind.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
paul

Member # 84

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2001 21:36      Profile for paul   Email paul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the usa needs a good fuck in the ass.
Posts: 51 | From: brisbane. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
lost_astronaut

Member # 28

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2001 21:49      Profile for lost_astronaut   Author's Homepage   Email lost_astronaut   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i think we already got that
Posts: 74 | From: santa monica, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
weezer

Member # 40

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2001 22:00      Profile for weezer   Author's Homepage   Email weezer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paul:

ooh ohh, now Paul(NSA) is going to disagree with Paul. Debate time?

--------------------
the ambulance is on its way

Posts: 55 | From: Whittier,Ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted November 05, 2001 22:08      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Tens of thousands of deaths must have been just a blowjob, huh?

--------------------
I like taking showers.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2001 01:51      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weezer:
ooh ohh, now Paul(NSA) is going to disagree with Paul. Debate time?

Disagree? Well, I dunno, I mean if you could find someone with a big enough dick to fuck US (USA) in the ass, and not run away and try to hide after whipping it out for a few seconds, then go ahead.

You do not become the lone world superpower by sitting around taking it up the ass, you give it too them. In a very uncomfortable place (No, not the back of a Volkswagon!). If there was another country on the face of the Earth that could take us on, Mano-a-Mano, then I'd say, bring it on.

However, we are (mostly) peace loving nitwits, so the odds of a real war happening anytime soon is pretty slim.

Anyway, perhaps we should let "paul" elaborate on his "assfucking agenda"?

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2001 13:00      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For some reason i am not quite sure he will elaborate..

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
That Kid Jay

Member # 50

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2001 13:39      Profile for That Kid Jay   Email That Kid Jay   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by w3rd souljah:

Tens of thousands of deaths must have been just a blowjob, huh?

Tens of thousands?

Posts: 164 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted November 06, 2001 15:52      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't pay attention to what I say before I go to sleep.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

deathtothecoolkids

Member # 72

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2001 16:50      Profile for deathtothecoolkids   Author's Homepage   Email deathtothecoolkids   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:

Disagree? Well, I dunno, I mean if you could find someone with a big enough dick to fuck US (USA) in the ass, and not run away and try to hide after whipping it out for a few seconds, then go ahead.

You do not become the lone world superpower by sitting around taking it up the ass, you give it too them. In a very uncomfortable place (No, not the back of a Volkswagon!). If there was another country on the face of the Earth that could take us on, Mano-a-Mano, then I'd say, [/b]bring it on[b].

However, we are (mostly) peace loving nitwits, so the odds of a real war happening anytime soon is pretty slim.

Anyway, perhaps we should let "paul" elaborate on his "assfucking agenda"?

get over yourself. the USA isn't that fucking good. peace loving or not.

see? this board is too war.

--------------------
you didn't leave much space
at the bottom of the page
there's room for four words, maybe three
and you write, "nothing can hurt me."

Posts: 33 | From: yes! i am a long way from home | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2001 17:46      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i do think it is a little bit too "war" myself, but i frankly don't care. i'm just glad that the bored is back.. i was running out of things to do. i'm not going to get into the debate about how great or ungreat the usa is, because we all have opinions and there are always arguments to those and there is always someone to disagree. i'm just not going to complain in hopes of the bored lasting.
Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2001 19:50      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if everyone got along, and the bored was pretty pastel colors, things would get borrrring.

and painful. pastels make my eyes hurt.

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
paul

Member # 84

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2001 20:17      Profile for paul   Email paul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if you're not with us you're against us/

so i'm against you/

Kristin
unregistered

posted November 06, 2001 21:41           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
now you're losing me. who is "us"?
IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted November 06, 2001 22:19      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
if you're not with us you're against us/

so i'm against you/

Fuck you. I'm neither with you or against you. I'm Switzerland personified.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2001 23:42      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erimica:
if everyone got along, and the bored was pretty pastel colors, things would get borrrring.

and painful. pastels make my eyes hurt.

If this board were pastel, we'd be the Official Ataris board. Heh heh.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2001 23:44      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deathtothecoolkids:
the USA isn't that fucking good. peace loving or not.

It is THAT fucking good, and a bag of chips.

quote:
if you're not with us you're against us

Well, glad to know you've drawn a line in the sand, too bad it doesn't mean much! Who's the aggressor here? Silly aussies.

quote:
Originally posted by w3rd souljah:
I'm Switzerland personified.

Don't flatter yourself, your so much more a Lichtenstein kind of guy.

Anyway... if its too war, go away, no one is making you stay here, or making you leave. If you like it, great, if not, great as well. Once again, its not a public service, I think its cool that people can get together (online) and chat about whatever is on their mind. You think its too "war" and this board is too "war" for you. Great, thanks for the opinion. Hasta

[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: NSA ]

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Kristin
unregistered

posted November 06, 2001 23:59           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
shh. don't put ideas in jolan's head. he can't leave...that's like...illigal!
IP: Logged
paul

Member # 84

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2001 01:49      Profile for paul   Email paul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"if you're not with us you're against us" George W Bush.
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2001 02:13      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ill agree. the us and so many of its citizens are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too arrogant. i could also list other adjectives, such as ignorant, self cenetered, self serving, blah blah blah blah but i doubt itd make a differance.

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2001 07:55      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
everytime I log onto the bored, I put on my camo helmet, get my bayonet, and play "battlehymn of the republic" on repeat until I'm done. it makes things more satisfying. I like the war theme.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
That Kid Jay

Member # 50

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2001 09:45      Profile for That Kid Jay   Email That Kid Jay   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by El Guapo Vandal:
ill agree. the us and so many of its citizens are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too arrogant. i could also list other adjectives, such as ignorant, self cenetered, self serving, blah blah blah blah but i doubt itd make a differance.

I agree.

Posts: 164 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted November 07, 2001 09:57      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
"if you're not with us you're against us" George W Bush.

Personally, I still think he's a moron. Just because he's president, doesn't mean everyone likes him. I should sue him.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted November 07, 2001 13:44      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well... i'll agree with paul. if you have a prediliction to this place being too "war", then get out. if the theme of war is too much, and you can't bear to see anymore war than you already see on the television, then... well... ?? it's up to you.

i really don't know why people have become bent out of shape about a theme for the bored. jolan was stating a point, and then people drew their arms and took sides.

pity. i love good arguments, but this one is just silly

StarWarsManiac

Member # 96

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2001 13:48      Profile for StarWarsManiac   Author's Homepage   Email StarWarsManiac   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The real war has now blossomed: Star Wars vs. Lord of the Rings

Greg

--------------------
"They're about a universe in which human beings, aliens, and machines experience things common to all of us: love, vengeance, fear, and wonder." -Brian Daley (on Star Wars)

Posts: 74 | From: CT | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted November 07, 2001 14:53      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sickb0y:
well... i'll agree with paul. if you have a prediliction to this place being too "war", then get out. if the theme of war is too much, and you can't bear to see anymore war than you already see on the television, then... well... ?? it's up to you.

i really don't know why people have become bent out of shape about a theme for the bored. jolan was stating a point, and then people drew their arms and took sides.

pity. i love good arguments, but this one is just silly

I wanna say that this isn't totally right. This is Paul's board. But he asked people to just tell in the case they had suggestions. That was one. Saying "tell me if something can be improved" and replying "take it or leave it" when you get criticized isn't really fair.

Phil, you're in a band, I'm sure there always is a guy in the shows that tells you "that was good BUT you know you should change this or that" and then you feel like he's a moron, it's your stuff, not his. But, though, it's a pity not to take his remark seriously.

I'd prefer a "I found this layout very motivating for me" or whatever rational explanation than a cold tit for tat reply.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.